Zero Privilege Helpdesk
DSRAZOR for eDirectory
Stop giving your Helpdesk operators and others explicit change privileges to your eDirectory and Novell Open Enterprise Server Systems!
When you use DSRAZOR's Zero Privilege Helpdesk your Helpdesk operators will no longer require change privileges to your eDirectory and Novell Open Enterprise File Systems!. Instead, your Helpdesk operators will only require Browse and Read privileges to eDirectory and Novell Open Enterprise File Systems. This is possible because the Zero Privilege Helpdesk uses our unique process your Helpdesk operator's change and update requests.
DSRAZOR's Zero Privilege Helpdesk's Technology requires those who utilize it to be a member of the eDirectory Group you specify when the module is loaded. In addition to processing your Helpdesk's change requests it will log the details of each request processed. This provides you with an audit trail of who changed your eDirectory and Novell Open Enterprise Server systems. To receive the benefits of this unique technology you only need to load the Zero Privilege Helpdesk module on a single Novell Open Enterprise Server (per eDirectory Tree).
Using the Zero Privilege Helpdesk module is easy, here is what you do:
- Load the Zero Privilege Helpdesk module on a Novell Open Enterprise Server of your choice and specify the eDirectory Group whose members will be authorized to use its abilities.
- Use one of our ready-to-run Zero Privilege Helpdesk Applets, or design your own.
- Distribute your stand-alone self-contained Helpdesk Applet to your Helpdesk Operators.
- Remove change privileges from your Helpdesk Operators leaving them with only Browse and Read privileges.
- Enjoy having additional control and fewer security concerns!
Your Helpdesk Applets will interact with the Zero Privilege Helpdesk module to enable your Helpdesk operators to complete their work without compromising your control and security.