Document and Audit NTFS Share Permissions
DSRAZOR for Windows
With DSRAZOR for Windows you will quickly assess and document NTFS security settings including NTFS share permissions. You can also find and remove unwanted NTFS security permissions. Clean up your NTFS with DSRAZOR by finding old files, questionable files such as MP3 and movie files. Discover file ownership throughout your shared disk space.
DSRAZOR for Windows searches and reports on trustees of any type on all files and folders in the selected Windows Share or directory (folder) path. Trustees with explicit and/or inherited permissions can be reported separately or in a single list. Results returned include the number of objects the trustees control and you can view a detailed list of file system objects where the trustee has privileges and the privilege level.
DSRAZOR for Windows searches and reports on trustees of any type on all files and folders in the selected Windows Share or directory (folder) path that have administrative privileges over the scanned
file system objects. Trustees with explicit and/or inherited permissions can be reported
separately or in a single list. Results returned include the number of objects the trustees
control and you can view a detailed list of file system objects where the trustee has privileges
and the privilege level.
Optionally, the trustee can be removed from the ACL of selected file system objects.
NTFS File/Folder Permissions Security
When you use DSRAZOR for Windows you will uncover directories and files where:
- Administrative Trustees and Owner are defined by File
- Trustees and Owner are defined by File or Folder
- Permission Inheritance is Blocked
- Invalid SIDs are trustees (can result in performance and security issues)
- NULL ACLs exist (indicates everyone has full access)
- No owner is defined (orphaned SID)
- Find directory and file ownership
- Document ACL details for all file system objects in a selected share or directory.
- Effective File System Permissions and how they were obtained
- Shares permissions on servers and workstations
- and much more!
Additionally you can easily remove selected directory and file Trustees.
When you use DSRAZOR for Windows you will be able create NTFS reports detailing:
- All files with selected extensions (*.MPE, *.MP3, *.WMV, and so on)
- Directories and files owned by selected objects(users)
- Disk space usage for servers and workstations
- File extensions in-use and the amount of disk space files for each uses
- Files unused for a time period you choose (for instance: 1 year)
- Filter by any property of directories and files (for instance: find all read-only files)
- Directory/Folder to specified depth - limits the volume of data returned
- Find files from selected path and search for duplicates
- and much more!
Windows Server Management and Reports
DSRAZOR for Windows can help with the following:
- Manage local user accounts
- Change local user password
- Unlock local user account
- Disable local user account
- Enable local user account
- Remove objects from local groups
- Search Domain Controllers for service not running
- Sessions In-Use by Domain Controller
- Sessions In-Use By User Principal Name
- Sessions In-Use By Computer
- Who has files open and close them
- Domain Controller status
Request an Evaluation of DSRAZOR for Windows so you can secure and document your NTFS and Server today!