File Access Auditing for Windows®
CPTRAX for Windows
Real-Time File System Access Auditing for Windows Servers.
CPTRAX for Windows gives you visibility on who is creating, accessing, and deleting your data!
Receive complete audit trails of selected file and folder accesses.
CPTRAX for Windows does NOT use Windows Event Logs.
You can optionally configure alerts to be delivered via email and our desktop alert agent.
Optionally store your activity records in Microsoft SQL Server.
Selected details included in each CPTRAX for Windows report:
- Workstation Name and IP Address
- LDAP Account Name and SAM Account Name
- Security Identifier (SID)
- Total Time Logged On
- Share Used
- Full File System Path
- ACL Permissions
- Remote Computer Name and Computer IP for WTS/RDP Sessions
CPTRAX for Windows provides the following for remote and local users including terminal service sessions via a lightweight server agent:
- Tracking of File System Access for ownership changes, permission changes, deletes, creates, renames, opens and modifications
- Tracking of Folder Access for ownership changes, permission changes, deletes, creates and renames
- Denial of File System Access for unwanted renames, unwanted deletes, unwanted creates and unwanted modifications
- Denial of Folder System Access for unwanted renames (such as folder moving), unwanted deletes and unwanted creates
- Receive real-time alerts via email
- Receive real-time alerts via desktop popup (using our Alert Agent)
- Interoperability across unrelated Domains, Active Directory Forests and stand-alone servers/workstations
- Scalable Administration interface that enables functionality on a small network to one with thousands of servers
- Unattended and Scheduled Reporting
- Automatic purging of old activity logs
- Encrypted activity logs
How is CPTRAX for Windows different than other File Access Auditing tools you may be using or have tested?
- Does not use Windows Event Logs
- Is not a snapshot tool that only notices after changes are made
- No changes to your Windows security configuration
- Audits local and remote file access in real-time including identification of IP address, workstation and user name